5:59 PM Comment1 Comments

So yeah, my CP is off to a rocky start, and I'm hoping so hard that it smooths out in the next few weeks or else I'm going to cry.

Aside from the roommate troubles, there are general problems with my Disney employment. They are as follows:

  1. From the get-go, I was off to a bad start. At check-in, I was turned away from a parking decal because my name wasn't on the insurance card. Because it's soooo hard to look a)at the last name and b)at the record online/on the phone/whatever. I was supposed to have a three-day grace period in which my parents could fax in a copy of a letter saying I was on the insurance, but security didn't care. Every time I drove in to the complex, I was stared down by the guys at the booth and told that I needed my decal or they wouldn't let me in again.
  2. Also at check-in, I was double-booked for my training. I was scheduled for Traditions (the overall Disney training class) and Once Upon A Time...Is Now (the MK orientation class) at the same time because I'm a returning CP and a Disney Store CM. I had to be taken in to a back office twice because she didn't fix it correctly the first time.
  3. I went to Downtown Disney to get my Disney Rewards Points Card, which I had heard was a simple process of getting the card at Guest Relations. Yeah, not so much. I've never been rude to someone on the phone for something like that, but I was this time because she was the most unhelpful person ever. I just got the whole thing straightened out earlier TODAY, over a week later.
  4. My location orientation trainer sucked. She didn't know who the characters were or what shops I worked in. She actually argued with me when I told her we had missed the store at Snow White's Scary Adventures. For one thing, she told me THE RIDE DIDN'T EXIST and for another thing, she said that if it did exist, there was NO store there. We went back and forth before I said "humor me." and we walked over to OH MY GOD A STORE. She was so focused on gossiping with this other trainer that she totally sucked at showing me what I needed to know.
  5. The engine light in my car had been on for a few days, and it was really starting to annoy me because I had tightened the gas cap to make it go away, and it didn't. I had to drive all the way to Altamonte Springs to get it fixed.
  6. I'm kinda freaking out about the fact that I decorated my walls. I know I used the Command tape and that it doesn't damage walls, but I don't know if Price Management knows that....
  7. And then there's my Disney ID. The card that represents my life here at Disney. It's what not only allows me to work here, it also gets me merchandise discounts and free admission. The first two (work and discounts) work fine, but every time I try to enter a park, I get a message saying "Access Denied." So today I thought, "Oh, I'll nip this in the bud and get a new ID at Access Control!" No dice. I got a new id, but when I went to DHS to visit Barkenhagen, I received the "Access Denied" message. Now, I've had the message at both MK and Epcot, and the turnstile people have simply let me in. Not this woman. She brought her coordinator over, and he told me that my card was blocked out and that I wasn't allowed in and that I needed to call Ticketing FROM GUEST RELATIONS! So he LETS ME IN TO THE PARK to go to GR. I confuse the girl there trying to explain what's going on, and she seems more interested in finding the guy who let me in when I wasn't supposed to be in. Eventually, though, she looks up my card on the computer and finds out that it EXPIRED IN OCTOBER OF 2008! WTF?! She looks at me and goes, "Have you done a CP before?" to which I responded "Yes." She goes, "Well then, this must be the date of your last program, and it hasn't been updated." No ma'am. I didn't even go to WDW in '08. She told me to talk to my managers and said that ids usually don't work for a few days, to which I responded that all my friends who received ids on the same day as me were getting in just fine. So now I have a feeling that she thinks I was some sort of con artist. And I'm afraid that my clocking in and out and my use of the merch discount are going to show up negatively on my record because my id is "expired."
So there you go. I'm hoping that the good will outweigh the bad eventually. I mean, none of this is stuff that can't be fixed. It's just, ugh, all happening at once--one right after the other. After everything calms down and I settle in to work, it should all pan out easy-peasy.



I hope.

1 comments:

Teresa said...

Sorry things have been rocky. I'm glad to hear you trying to be positive. I'm sure all will work out and I hope the room mate issues get ironed out if not arbitrated (if there is such a thing there). I love you and miss you. Dad and I missed your antics in the grocery store this evening.

Post a Comment