Ugh. I fail at life. I haven't updated in a week or so, and for that, I am sorry. Instead of the best/worst of Universal Studios: Florida, like I had planned to write, I am going to write a regular, normal blog. You're welcome.
So I graduated college last weekend (the weekend that was a week ago, not the weekend that ended two days ago--I would have said "this past weekend" were that the case). Magna cum laude. Honors graduate. Lamda Pi Eta honor society. I'm a friggin genius, I know. Almost immediately after I finished up with the graduation thing, I started packing my entire life. See, my parents are treating this as me moving out permanently, so my entire room has to be packed up. I'm taking down to the CP what I'll need/want for the next 7 months to a year (if I extend), and I'm boxing up what I don't want during the CP but I may want later (mostly this consists of collectibles and heavy coats and stuff). It's been pretty annoying, seeing as how I own a LOT of figurines and action figures and things like that, and I don't particularly want to take all of them to the CP. Plus, I have to figure out what I'll wear during the next 7 months and what I won't wear during the next 7 months but will wear in the future. Basically, it ended up being "Either wear it in the next 7 months or get rid of it."
I have no idea how I'm going to get all of my stuff to Disney. I have five of those plastic boxes plus all manner of smaller plastic storage containers plus some cardboard boxes (small-ish) plus a suitcase or two. My car is large, but it ain't that big.
Today, I finished up packing everything except for what I'll need for the next week and my figurines. I then went to the bank to deposit my tax return (whoa, a whole $149...I'm rich! or not.), to blockbuster to buy Iron Man wall decals (which were on super clearance, by the way, for $2.99 instead of the $4.99 I was expecting), to the dollar store to buy tissue paper to pack up all of those action figures/figurines (there are a lot of them), and then to Publix for bread and toothpaste (yeah, I ran out of both).
Here's how you know you're having an awesome day: you go to Publix to get bread and toothpaste and come out with bread, toothpaste, juicy juice, chocolate chip cookies, and a poster for your apartment. See, I grabbed an issue of Twist for Autumn, my roommate, because it has a small David Henrie poster (see how I made that sound like the David Henrie love is ENTIRELY you, Autumn?). Yes, there's nothing that makes me feel quite as creepy and insecure as standing in Publix, thumbing through all of those teen celebrity magazines (BOP, Tiger Beat, Twist, etc). So I got in my car feeling pretty satisfied with myself for finding a poster of Mr. Henrie and purchasing my Iron Man stickers, when what comes on the radio: QUAD CITY DJ'S Come On Ride It (the Train). That's happiness right there: blasting and singing along to Quad City DJs after making some awesome purchases. If I was driving my mom's Miata, you can bet I would have looked like Corky Romano singing along with Take On Me.

Okay, that's all. Basically, I wrote this entire thing for the Corky Romano reference because I totally felt like him while I was dancing and singing.

2 comments:
LOL, Yeah. Well we BOTH stalk him on twitter. THE DAVID LOVE ISN'T JUST ME!!!! (although it may be mostly me...haha)
Man, but now I feel like a total creeper any time he's on Disney Channel.
Post a Comment