1:39 AM Comment2 Comments

Here's my schedule for today (well, yesterday), tomorrow (well, today), and Saturday (I suppose that would be tomorrow): 3:45pm to 11:30pm. Then, on Sunday, I don't even go in until 8:15pm. That means I have hours upon hours in the morning to do whatever I want. Before this last shift, I managed to, get this, DO A LOAD OF LAUNDRY! Oh holy Jesus, it's the third load of laundry I've done since I got here, and I still have a ton to do! I figure I'll do a load every morning for the next few days and get it all done finally. After coming up with this amazing plan, though, I ran into a roadblock...I have no cash to reload my laundry card. I needed to go to Walmart. Insert Midnight run to Walmart here. I got a short shelf unit to put beside my bed for my laptop and books and lamp and things and took $20 cash back. So now I'm out $40. Whatever. It was necessary money. The next frivolous thing I buy is going to be a video game. Seriously. I just wish they weren't so expensive. Maybe the Ghostbusters game will come out for DS and I can buy it that way. Good news: it is. I will now have something to do on the bus! I also watched Spice World and had lots of food before I went to work. And I cleaned my room and put in the new drawers for under the sink so my stuff could be organized.

Work today was pretty basic. I tasked for the first part of the day, which sucks because it always goes by so slowly, then I was on rotation for the rest of the day. I wish I could be put in the info booth more often, but I've only been there once this whole time. Today I managed to work in every store but Tink's, which is good, considering that's the worst place for me to work with my name. The carts were so ridiculously hot today, too. I'm definitely not looking forward to those over the next few summer months. I'm pretty sure my shoes filled with sweat at the Sun'n'Fun Cart.

Here's my story for the day: I was at the Stromboli Cart, and a family was there looking at hats. There was an elderly lady with them who was wearing a "Happy Birthday" button and her name was written on it (I think it was Josephine). So I greeted her with a cheery "Happy Birthday, Josephine!" which totally confused her. I explained to her that she was wearing a button that said it was her birthday. She inquired as to how in the world I knew her name. I explained to her that her name, too, was on the button. She then hugged me, thanked me, and started telling me about how great God was too me and how he had blessed me with a great smile and a wonderful personality. And then she rambled on for a few minutes about God. It was really awkward and depressing because you could tell she was at the last stages of her life and that she wasn't completely *there*, you know? She forgot she was holding my hands at one point, and then asked where her family was and got scared. I showed her where her family was, and she calmed down, but then got scared again when she forgot where they were. I worry about how she'll do during the rest of their vacation, but it makes me incredibly happy to know that she had to opportunity to experience Disney World at least this one time (I have no idea if she had been before or not) before she dies. It's a really wonderful thing, but at the same time, it's an incredibly depressing thing--her coming to Disney World at such a late time in her life.

So, on that depressing note, I leave you for the night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now I've got tears in my eyes and can't see the computer.

Sandy said...

Hi Aurora,
I jsut subscribed to your blog yesterday, and I like what I read. There is nothing more entertaing than someone who works for Disney!
I feel your pain over the money issues, I too am broke and I have a job that does not permit much expendable income.
It's so nice to know that there is someone like you who will go out of your way to make someone's birthday that much better, Kudos.

Post a Comment