10:43 PM Comment1 Comments

I'll get back on the lists after I'm done with school FOREVER on Tuesday (well, technically, this IS a list, but you know what I mean)

I thought I'd share a fun quirk about myself with you guys. I have multiple MULTIPLE calendars and planners. I need, like, planner/journal/calendar rehab. Here they are:

1. Indiana Jones weekly planner. Got this one at the beginning of the year when the calendar store was closing and all the stuff was, like 75% off. This is my main, day-to-day, where I put my assignments planner. Consider this a "to-do" planner.

2. Jonas Brothers Wall Calendar. I got this back when Rylee and I were hoping to be roommates and were going to decorate our room with everything Jonas. Two things happened: one, Rylee didn't get accepted, and two, the calendar SUCKS. It's one of those ones with a HUGE picture and then a list of the dates. There's no place to write anything. I don't understand how this calendar is supposed to work, since you can't put down events or anything. Plus, it's black, so the only thing you can write on it with are special pens/markers that write on black. Dumb.

3. Depressions Wall Calendar. In case you didn't know, the last of the calendars are currently at Wal-Mart for 25 cents to $2. This calendar, unlike the JoBros one, is set up like a normal calendar with the squares for each date. Plus, the pictures make me laugh: "Get to work: You aren't being paid to believe in the power of your dreams." This will be my primary wall calendar at Disney, as I can write down my work schedule and have it handy in the apartment.

4. This blog. I'm hoping to use this semi-daily to keep you guys updated on what I'm doing through the use of pictures and blogs. Hoping is the key word, here. Last time I did the CP, I said the same thing and only updated, like, twice.

5. My dry-erase calendar. I like this one because it's big, magnetic, has a space for notes, and has a cork-board bottom. I'm not sure how I'll utilize this one in a different way than the Depressions Calendar...maybe we'll put this one in the living room for cleaning schedules or something. Also, it loses points because I can't write down events in the future.

6. My TWO moleskine knock-offs from Wal-Mart. Truthfully, only one of these was purchased for Disney. The other was purchased to record my internship, but that didn't take up the whole book. The way I'm going to use these is this: one will be a journal and the other a record of day-to-day events. For example, in the journal, I will put my thoughts, feelings, and reactions; in the day-to-day events one, I will put things like shopping lists, quotes, stickers, and my work schedule (this one is basically the same as the Indy one, except more abstract in its use).

7. My Harry Potter journal. This is more of a personal diary. The two in number six are more Disney-related. This one is personal feelings and things. It's more serious than the others, and is written in less often. Only when I'm feeling really, really emotional does this one receive any attention.

So there you have it: basically, there are three wall calendars and four written journals/planners.

See, the reason I have so many journals/planners is because last CP, I called my parents every day to tell them all the crap and stuff I was putting up with: angry guests, crap schedule, managers who were mean to me, crazy roommate drama. It drove my parents crazy to the point where they didn't want me to call. I figure if I write down everything that goes on good AND bad, I'll be less prone to call them about everything. Eventually, I hope to get into doodling and sketching to go along with my entries in the day-to-day. It'll be terrible, though.

1 comments:

Autumn said...

Don't forget our other list. Muhahaha!

Post a Comment