So yeah. I suck so bad at keeping up with a blog. But no one is reading this...so it's not like I'm all that motivated. TELL ME IF YOU'RE READING!
Anyways, I'm going to go in order of opening date, so the next park up is Epcot. Then DHS. Then Animal Kingdom. Then park-wide stuff like food and shopping. Then overall favorites. Maybe I'll even include non-Disney parks in a post.
Onwards.
The Bottom 5 Rides at Epcot!
I'm combining WS and FW
5. Segway Test Rides at Innoventions
I'm counting this as a ride because I got on something and made it move. I stood in line with my mom, and EVERY operator we passed asked me some variation of "Are you SURE you're over 16?" I was like "I'M 20, I'M GRADUATING COLLEGE, AND MY MOTHER IS STANDING RIGHT HERE!" Annoying to the max. Also, driving a Segway ranks among the top most awkward things I have ever done.
4. Gran Fiesta Tour starring the Three Caballeros
I probably hate this because my ex loved the Three Caballeros, so we rode this one a lot. It's pretty bad, too. It's like no one could speak Spanish for "look like you're actually interacting with the characters and don't stare blankly in front of yourself." That chef guy is TERRIBLE. The Three Caballeros song is pretty catchy, though. I'll admit that.
3. Living With the Land
I actually know people who love this one. I'm not interested in gardening or fishery things at all, so it's pretty dumb to me. I understand why it exists where it does, though.
2. Mission: Space
I love, love, love thrill rides. The thrillier the better. Mission: Space, though, makes me uncomfortable. It doesn't make me nauseous or anything, it just makes me really uncomfortable. It would be fine if the launch/re-entry lasted, like, a half-second less. I do enjoy the pre-show, though.
1. Soarin
My hate for this one can be summed up by my dad's response: "Soarin? More like borin'!" This is, quite possibly, the most pointless ride ever devised. LOOK AT ME! I CAN SIT ON A BENCH AND DANGLE MY LEGS IN FRONT OF A MOVIE SCREEN! OOOOOOOOO! If I was actually hang-gliding, shouldn't I be laying on my stomach? Yes.
The Top 5 Rides at Epcot!
I'm combining WS and FW.
5. The Seas With Nemo and Friends
It's super cheesy and the vehicles are blatant re-imaginings of the Doombuggies from the Haunted Mansion over in MK. This ride is on the tops list for a few reasons:
-I love the jellyfish room. It's so pretty to look at. I want to reach out and touch them.
-The Angler Fish room. I'm pretty positive that this is one of the robot arms from Test Track. The Angler Fish has a special place in my heart due to the first time I rode the ride. I was leaning forward talking to my friends in the next Clammobile, and out of nowhere comes this thing SWINGING AT MY HEAD. It was terrifying. And awesome.
-Peach. Right before you unload, Peach is stuck to the final window into the aquarium, and she spends all day complaining about being stuck on the window. She tells you how many clams have come by and how tired she is of hearing the Big Blue World song. It's pretty awesome.
4. Maelstrom.
I remember riding this one when I was a kid and being scared that we were, in fact, going to go "OVER THE FALLLLLLLS" even though I had watched from outside and knew FOR A FACT that we weren't going over the falls. The ride scared me from the very start when you see the head of Thor or whoever that is and he shoots a laser at you out of his eye. I had no idea there were polar bears at the end. These days, however, I love it because it is just so BAD. Why is there always a super long line for this? The only educational part of it is "the spirit of Norway will always be ADWENTURRRRR" (yes, adwentur...that's how he says it). This was also where Rylee and I witnessed the old "yawn and stretch" move. Good times. Good times.
Off topic: I'm watching Phineas and Ferb. "As they say in Mexico, 'dosvidanya.' For those of you watching, that's TWO vidanyas!"
3. Spaceship Earth (the new AND old versions)
For those of you who don't know, SE went down for refurb while I was at Disney for my first CP. I was able to ride it right before it closed and then right after it re-opened. The old SE was about the history of communication, not it's more about the evolution of technology. It's basically the same, but it's now hosted by Dame Judi Dench. Worth the ride simply for the sassy engineer with an afro and go-go boots. She's my favorite animatronic in all of Disney World.
Off topic, again: Disney Channel just had a commercial for the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure. I'll have more on that in my next post. Just know: it's freakin awesome.
2. Journey Into Imagination with Figment
I know. I'm the only person who likes this. I can't help it...the song is freakin' catchy and Figment is just too adorable. And who knew skunks smell like coffee?
1. Test Track
Yeah, after a couple of rides, it kinda loses it's "YAY!" factor and gets boring, but the outside track part continues to be fun. "Put up 2, 5, and 7." "SEVEN?!" "Yeah. Seven."

2 comments:
I read your blog!!!
I'm reading! :D
Post a Comment